Aptos, also known as Aptos Labs, is a web3 startup that is building a scalable layer-1 blockchain. It was founded by developers who previously worked on Diem, a blockchain initiative by Meta that was discontinued in January. Aptos uses key elements of Diem and the Rust-based programming language Move, and claims to be able to process over 130k transactions per second using its parallel execution engine (Block-STM). This allows for low transaction costs for users and efficient processing of transactions, as failed transactions are simply re-executed and do not hold up the entire chain. Aptos enables the building of decentralized finance (DeFi) projects on its blockchain and has attracted over $500 million in funding from investors such as a16z, Tiger Global, Multicoin Capital, FTX Ventures, Jump Crypto, and Binance Labs. The company has also recently hired former staff from Solana and has a valuation of $4 billion.
Aptos enables DeFi projects to be built on its blockchain. So far, there are over 30 DeFi projects on the Aptos ecosystem. These projects include decentralized exchanges, lending protocols, and liquid staking. An example of this is Aries Markets– a margin trading protocol.
Who is the Team behind Aptos?
Aptos is co-founded by Mo Shaikh (CEO) and Avery Ching (CTO), both former Meta employees who have years of experience as a senior developer and engineer in the blockchain industry. The team consists of PhDs, researchers, engineers, designers and strategists who were the original creators and designers of Diem.
What’s Happening with Aptos?
Aptos has received a significant amount of funding from various crypto investors despite the bear market. In March 2022, Aptos received $200 million in funding from a16z, Tiger Global, and Multicoin Capital, among other venture capitalists. In July, the company raised $150 million in a Series A financing round led by Sam Bankman-Fried’s FTX Ventures and Jump Crypto. In September, Binance Labs also invested in Aptos, bringing the startup’s valuation to $4 billion according to Bloomberg. A few days later, Dragonfly Capital also invested an undisclosed amount in Aptos during a Venture Round.
Aptos Team and Ecosystem Expansion
The team at Aptos has been actively hiring and has recently acquired several former Solana staff, including Austin Virts, former Head of Marketing at Solana. Many Solana supporters have also joined Aptos, leading to speculation about whether investors believe in the long-term potential of Aptos’ technology or if it is simply a pump and dump for venture capital firms and whales to make money. However, the company’s successful funding rounds and the backing of Binance Labs suggest that Aptos has strong potential and is worth watching in the future.
In addition to its funding and expanding team and ecosystem, Aptos has also formed partnerships and collaborations with other companies in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. In October 2022, Aptos announced a partnership with ChainGuardian, a decentralized security platform, to provide secure infrastructure for its smart contracts. Aptos has also announced collaborations with other DeFi projects, such as Aria, a decentralized identity protocol, and AnchorDAO, a decentralized autonomous organization for staking and governance.
Aptos Community and Governance
Aptos has a strong and active community, with a growing Telegram group and regular updates on social media platforms such as Twitter and Medium. The company also has a transparent and decentralized governance model, with community members able to participate in decision-making through the use of governance tokens.
In conclusion, Aptos is a promising blockchain startup with a solid foundation and experienced team. Its scalable and efficient technology, partnerships and collaborations, and active community make it worth keeping an eye on in the future.
how to buy aptos on binance
To buy Aptos on Binance, you will need to first create an account on the Binance platform. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Go to the Binance website (www.binance.com) and click on the “Register” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill out the registration form with your email address, password, and country of residence. Agree to the terms of service and click “Create Account”.
- Check your email for a verification email from Binance and click on the link to verify your email address.
- Once your email is verified, you will need to set up 2-factor authentication (2FA) for added security. You can do this by going to the “Security” section of your account settings and following the prompts.
- With your account set up and secured, you can now deposit funds into your Binance account. To do this, click on the “Funds” tab in the top menu and then click on the “Deposits” subtab. Find the cryptocurrency that you want to deposit (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum) and click on the “Deposit” button next to it. This will generate a deposit address for you to send your funds to.
- Once your funds have been deposited and are available in your Binance account, you can start trading. Go to the “Exchange” tab in the top menu and select the “Basic” option. On the left side of the page, you will see a list of trading pairs. Find the Aptos trading pair that you want to trade (e.g. APTOS/BTC) and click on it. This will bring up the trading page for that pair.
- On the trading page, you can enter the amount of Aptos you want to buy and the price at which you want to buy it. You can also use the “Market” option to buy Aptos at the current market price. Once you are ready, click on the “Buy APTOS” button to place your order.
- Your order will be processed and, if successful, your Aptos will be credited to your Binance account. You can view your Aptos balance by going to the “Funds” tab and clicking on the “Balances” subtab.